Top Left Logo
Assessment for Home Support Services, Personal Car Healthy People, Healthy Communities
Skip Navigation Links
For Health Professionals
Contact Us

Spacer Spacer Spacer Spacer
You're now on Eastern Health's Archived site
Index      Small Text Medium Text Large Text  

Assessment for Home Support Services, Personal Care Home and Long Term Care Placement

Placement into the Home Support Program, a personal care home or nursing home is managed by the Long Term Care Program, but home and community care nurses and social workers from the Community Support Program are often involved in the assessment process. Admission to home support services, a personal care home or a nursing home depends on the client’s assessed level of care needs.

Anyone can request an assessment for placement, however, application for admission to these services involves a number of processes, including:

  • Consent from the individual requiring placement
  • Needs assessment completed by a social worker or nurse
  • Physical assessment completed by a doctor
  • A chest x-ray
  • Financial assessment:
    • completed prior to admission to home support services or a personal care home
    • completed after admission to a nursing home

Contact Us
Please contact your local home and community care clinic for more information on assessment for a personal care home and/or long term care placement.

In the St. John’s and surrounding area, information about this services can also be accessed by calling the intake coordinator at 709-752-4835.


Updated Apr 2, 2012